Monday, October 27, 2008

A Time Out Needed

Once again mom comes through. Last weekend mom treated us girls to a much needed time out. She wanted to have a girls weekend (I know we just got back from one). She bought us girls tickets to Time Out for Women put on by Deseret Book. What a great time. The first night I fell in love with Jenny Oaks Baker (hope I got that right) who played for about an hour and a half on her violin and we got to listen to sister Ardeth Kapp. We then stayed at the Hilton and had a great time just being girls. The next day was filled with more wonderful speakers and great music. And to top it all off we got an awesome bag (which we filled with goodies from the Deseret store that was set up there). Thanks mom for a great weekend and being a great mom.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That WAS an amazing weekend. I, too, loved Jenny Oaks Baker. I could have listened to her on Saturday as well. Instead of so much Kenneth Cope!

Kara said...

I enjoyed it SO much! Besides all the fantastic speakers and musical performances it was a blast to run into so many people I used to know! Like your family! It would be tons of fun to get together sometime!

Walker said...

I had such a wonderful time there too! Glad I was able to see you! I loved Cheri Call's music from Saturday - came straight home and downloaded her music. We really need to get together to gossip, we always seem to miss eachother.