Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Anniversay

So we have made it 12 years and still are loving life. Greg and I celebrated our anniversary this weekend. We went and stayed at the Marriott downtown (I know it is not far but it was great). We have never just gone and walked around the Old Market. It was so neat. There are some great shops and we went to dinner and out for desert. We also found the walking bridge right next to the Lewis and Clark visitors center that connects Iowa and Nebraska. It was just a great weekend to reconnect and get away for a little while. We are blessed with three great kids and a dog :) We especially are blessed with great family and friends near and far who love and support our family.
I had Greg take a picture of me and my banana split. It was so humongous and so yummy. It was a hot day so it tasted even better. I am going to have to seriously work off some calories this week.

4 comments:

Camie said...

WOWZERS!! That was some serious blogging right there. It was about freakin time though. However, this doesn't mean you don't have to do a new post for the next six months. I am so glad you guys got a weekend away. You deserve it. I hope you told Howard hello for us!!! Bring on the exercise.....

Heidi Reads... said...

Happy anniversary!

Kathleen said...

that little getaway downtown sounds just perfect! i've been wanting to stay at that marriot for awhile now--we may just have to try that for an anniversary some year! happy anniversary!

Jenn said...

Happy belated Anniversary! What a fun getaway. You've got me craving ice cream now!