Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fourth Fun

Sierra giving me a Happy Birthday hug

Greg looks really hard every year for a different kind of cake to make for my birthday. He is awesome about making the day special. He did a great job this year with this one. It is pound cake with a cream and strawberry filling and a very chocolate topping that he made. It was yum!
Heather, me and Gavin

Greg, Dave and Livvy

Tori and I

Camie and Dave

Ilyse and Isaiah

Cochran Family

Gabe lighting fireworks

Heidi and Sierra making sparks

Sierra doing one of her cutsie poses

Gabe

I love the fourth of July and not only because it's my birthday. We have such a wonderful family and tons of friends to share it with. We had so many people here this year that unfortunately I didn't get everyone's pictures. It is great to spend the day with so many people we love. I have to say though the very best part of the day was when Shawn threw some firecrackers in a bucket and they started going off and shooting everywhere that my dad had to duck for cover across the street with his hands over his head. I will forever have that image in my head and be bummed I didn't have my camera with me. I laughed so hard I swore I was going to pee my pants.

3 comments:

Walker said...

We all had such a great time! The food was great, the company was fabulous, and the entertainment was even better. The bag of death will always be with me!!!

Tonia said...

so sad to have missed this...was looking so forward to it...darn husband..why did he have to get sick!

Heidi Reads... said...

That was a great fourth of July! Your birthday cake was seriously yummy! I'm bummed Emily spent the day hiding inside, but I guess it's a good thing she's not a pyro at age two :) When I drove down to your parents later that night when it was all dark I felt like I was in a war zone! Jason had a blast, that's for sure!