Saturday, September 13, 2008

Seriously My Kid Rocks

So I think Gabe is one of the most awesome people I know.
Yes, he is my child. Today he had a karate tournament where
there was 31 other school competing. He has never competed in that
big of a competition before. I can't express to you how proud I am of him.
In the picture above he is doing his blue belt form. He is not very strong in
his forms but today he totally rocked. He took third place in his division
which is huge.
Everyone knows that Gabe seems to be a pretty timid kid.
It amazed me to see how different he is inside the ring. While standing
outside the ring waiting his turn he is what seems to be timid one. Once he
steps into the ring he just completely unleashes. It is like he is a different
person. Don't get me wrong has pretty good control of his movements, but
he totally amazing. He took second place in sparring in his division.
Uncle Paul is a huge support to Gabe. He comes and sikes
Gabe up before he goes into the ring each time. Both Paul
and I get really nervous for him but are for sure cheering him on.
(sometimes I think I am a little too loud)
Yes, I am a very proud mama. Let me just say though,
I don't know how people do this all the time. I am a complete
nervous wreck the whole time. I was sitting on my chair at one
point and after the match I noticed I had moved down to my knees at some point.
It is nervewracking and I think I am still shaking from it. Unfortunately Dad couldn't make
it today due to school, but Uncle Paul, his cousin Zach and Grandpa were able to
come. We did make a phone call to dad after to tell him the good news.
Way to go Gabe!!

7 comments:

Tonia said...

whoohoo Gabe! Great jOb! We are soooo proud of you!

Mrs. Nick Jonas said...

good job gabe.I liked the part where you said you were almost on your knees at one point!!I hope all of you are safe with a person who knows karate in your house.
love you all savannah

Camie said...

that really is amazing. I love those HUGE trophies. I remember getting that nervous feeling where I want to watch but not watch at the same time when my brothers would wrestle in tournaments. Way to go Gabe!

Kathleen said...

great pictures! way to go, gabe! i would've never guessed that such a sweet boy would pull an "incredible hulk" in the sparing ring!

Walker said...

That is so cool! I would be the same way with my boys. Please don't get hurt!!! Good job Gabe, and good job to you too for staying in your seat, kinda;_)

Larry said...

Congratulations GABE! We are so proud of you!
Alycia...sike is really spelled psych...keep up those college classes!

Albanie said...

He does look pretty dang tough in that ring! Good job, Gabe! I'd be way proud of him too!