Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 3

This does seem like a weird picture for our third day of kid weekend. But let me tell you what this was about. Our kids love the movie Princess and the Frog done by Disney. Ever since that movie they have been fascinated by beignets which are a fried dough with powdered sugar on them. They are commonly found in the south. Well we found a restaurant in the old market downtown called Jazz that serves foods originated from New Orleans. So we took the kids there this last weekend and let me tell you the food was amazing and the beignets were wonderful (heaven really). This picture I am posting just because it will make Tori mad :) This is her eating her beignet and loving it. YUM!!

Sierra is loving her beignets also. She is a little baker in our family and has been wanting to make these, and now that we have tried them I will definitely be letting her :)
All three of the kids with our little desert. Sam had powdered sugar all over him. It was quite funny.
We ended up at the slides downtown and the kids were loving it. Shawn and Tori came down to join us and the picture above is when I took Brynna down (even though Tori didn't want me to). Both her and I look terrified but she was laughing by the end.
Gabe at the end of the slide

Sam is a little lightweight and so he kind of flew off at the end of them.
Sierra was a little shocked her first time around

Sierra has been wanting to walk across the footbridge that goes from Nebraska into Iowa. Greg and I did it last year as part of our anniversary and ever since she has wanted to go. So here they are in both states.

1 comments:

Shawn and Tori said...

You are right- it did make me mad! I can't believe you posted that gross picture. Don't worry, we have 5 days in Mexico coming up and I am sure I will get a picture to pay you back :o)