Monday, June 7, 2010

Hatched

Okay so I wanted to update you on the results of our unexpected visitors. Here are all four birdies after they hatched. I looked up how it all works and then watched and sure enough it happened exactly the way they said. A robin only lays one egg per day and lay 3-4 eggs and then when they hatch (within 12-14 days) they hatch in the order they were laid a day apart. It was awesome to watch. I will tell you the sad news that after they hatched only two of them made it. Nature is cruel and two of the birdies were thrown out of the nest. Try explaining that to your kids. I had to explain to mine that even though they might not like their brother or sister at the time, they could not throw them out of the house!!

1 comments:

Camie said...

ok I am going to be honest...that kinda grosses me out. But interesting for your kids to watch...