Monday, June 7, 2010

EEEEWWWWW!!

On Saturday night we decided to walk together around the lake and detoured to Pizza Hut and then walked back to the car. It was a fun activity with the kids and they enjoyed the pizza and Greg and I enjoyed walking it off afterward. On Sunday morning I was really groggy and tired because I hadn't slept well because my arm kept going numb and I couldn't figure out why. I was in the shower washing up and looked down at my shoulder and to my dismay saw something black on it. Upon further inspection I figured out it was a tick. AAAHHH!! I freaked out. Greg had already gone to meetings at the church, so I figured I better call mom. I jumped out of the shower and rang her up. She informs me that she has no idea how to remove it (what the heck kind of answer is that, the woman has seven kids :) I then called Greg praying he would pick up. Luckily he did and through my tears (yes I am a baby) I told him what happened. He came rushing home to the rescue. He still chuckles at me when I say that is why my arm was numb, but I did call the urgent care and they said that was something that could happen with a tick bite. HOLY COW!! I was so freaked out. Nasty Nasty bugs!!

5 comments:

Camie said...

Ok that is freakin disgusting...I would DIE if that happened to me. I seriously can't believe your mom didn't know what to do...I swear she knows about everything. Glad it all worked out.

Tonia said...

Ditto what Camie said...that is horrible...hey I love your new family pictures they are so awesome. I tried to call ya back a few weeks ago...miss ya

Walker said...

You crack me up, girl! I think I would freak out too! Next time, bug spray

Albanie said...

Ha! I'm sorry but that is gross, but funny at the same time. Glad the hubby came to the rescue!

Camie said...

Man I miss you guys. Love David