Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Unexpected Visitor

After the kids got home from school today Sierra looked outside and saw this. While I was watering the plants the other day I noticed a nest in my flower box that hangs off our deck. There were no eggs or anything in it so I figured they didn't want to use it. But today here we see the mommy in her nest. I haven't wanted to scare it off so I have been keeping the kids away, but they are so curious and it is really cool. I hope we can see the little birds when they hatch. We will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

that's so sweet! a bird tried to make its nest in our mailbox. unfortunately, cubby didn't want to go buy a new mailbox just so a bird could make its nest.

your family picture up top is soooo cute! did ginger take them?

Camie said...

Perfect place for a nest...ew, so excited to see you guys so soon!

Albanie said...

I love spring and all the new beginnings that happen this time of year. Congrats on Sierra's baptism! So exciting!

Walker said...

I love your picture at the top! It is so cool and beautiful! So what happen with the birds?