Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Too Big

Tonight at dinner we were talking about the fact that it is already September. Sierra and Sam got all excited that Halloween is just around the corner. As they were talking about what they wanted to dress up like Gabe says, "mom, I don't think I want to dress up anymore." Wow, I can't believe we are already there. I told him maybe he can just be something ugly and gross and he just shook his head and said he would pass out candy and that I needed to deal with the fact that he is growing up. What is that???? Holy Cow!!!! I know I don't deal really well with the kids getting bigger, but man I thought I had at least one more year. Apparently not, his birthday is just around the corner and he will be ordained a deacon at church. Stop the madness!!

6 comments:

Albanie said...

Wow! He sounds like he's maturing too. That is crazy that he'll be a deacon! I can't imagine my kids saying that. They are so excited about dressing up! See you tonight!

DenosClan said...

Oh man! So hard to take in! I can't believe he is going to be a deacon. I better enjoy the few years I have left with my kids being excited to dress up for Halloween. Before I know it they'll be saying the same thing. Yikes!

Walker said...

Girl - I don't even know what to say. I don't even want to be there, it makes me sad to think about it. Gabe is a great kid - how could he not be with a mama like you!

Camie said...

oh dang, I am pretty sure I trick or treated until I was like 16....I can't believe he is all growed up!

Heidi Reads... said...

Emily is super excited for Halloween too! She has a whole list of things she wants to be. I can't believe Gabe is almost 12!!! He must be quite grown-up if he would rather pass out candy, although that can be pretty fun too!

Taylor said...

Even i dressed up for halloween. thats suprising. i love how Gabe is so nice and mature. lets see how that goes when Zack gets here