Friday, February 27, 2009

Worth the Wait

I don't know how many people know this but I am a HUGE Celine Dion fan. I love her music and her voice. One of my most wonderful sisters (Tori) bought me tickets to see her last February for my birthday (which wasn't until July). We were supposed to go in November but on a very sad morning Tori called me and told me that it had been postponed. With my family I thought she was kidding, but to my serious sadness she wasn't. So we had to wait until last night to go see her. OH MY GOODNESS!! First of all Tori and I went to dinner and left with more than enough time to get there. Once we got down close to the Qwest Center it was dead stop traffic. It took us an hour and a half to get seven blocks. I of course was getting very angry (I know you are sitting there saying, "Not Alycia" but yes I was not happy. It was very near time for the concert to start and it did not say she had an opener so I was stressed to the max. I have been to very few concerts so I was distraught by this time. Her concert started at 8 and we pulled into the parking lot at 8:15. After making Tori, whom is 8 months pregnant run (sorry T) all the way from the back of the parking lot to the other side of the Qwest Center we made it and THANK GOODNESS she had an opener because I was going to have words with someone there about the parking incident. We got our seats and water and sat down for the show.
I don't care what anyone says about her she has a voice that is amazing. She can hold notes for so long and can belt out those lyrics like nobody's business.
If you click on the pictures you can see her better. Our seats were pretty good. In the above picture she was singing with a violinist. Crazy good!!


I could have sat there for hours just listening to her. She was GREAT!!

6 comments:

ME said...

Jealousy is just seeping out of me right now...she is so amazing! Glad you made it on time. I do sorta feel bad for Tori though :)

Tonia said...

you are so hilarious! I'm so glad you guys made it though! I bet it was Faboulous!

DenosClan said...

Sounds like you are still on cloud 9, even after the ordeal of getting there.

Walker said...

I am so jealous, I wanted to go!!! Glad you were able to do some sister bonding, that is awesome!

Jon and Cheryl said...

That must have been an awesome concert! I love her voice too.

Teri said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new hair color ...you look SMOKIN!