Thursday, December 3, 2009

Decorating, Cookies and Cocoa

This year we bought an artificial tree. One of Greg's coworkers (Angie) was selling hers because it didn't fit in her house after they moved, so she gave us a great deal. We (maybe just me) didn't realize how big it was. Greg had to chop off the bottom of our star so it would fit in the house. It is not only tall but very full going around. I LOVE IT!! Here are some fun pictures of us decorating it.
Greg passing out the ornaments for the kids to put on the tree

Sierra is so funny. The day after Thanksgiving her and Greg stayed home while I was off shopping and Sierra decided it was time to take down all the Thanksgiving decorations to put up the Christmas ones. What a big help she was. I came home and all the Thanksgiving decoration were stacked on the dining room table and she was ready to go. So we did. When we got the tree I had to put off decorating it because I didn't have enough garland. She was very impatient and wanted to get it done and we finally did.
Sam still just does the bottom ones unless dad puts him on his shoulders

So after tree trimming we had cookies and cocoa. The kids said it really felt like Christmas time now.

Lovely picture of my kids stuffing their faces.

5 comments:

ME said...

We just put our tree up too and it really does make it start to feel like Christmas. Your tree looks beautiful...

Tonia said...

it looks fabulous! MERRY CHRISTMAS

Walker said...

I need one of those Christmas trees - it is beautiful!

Jenn said...

The tree is beautiful! Cookies and cocoa definitely help to make it feel like Christmas.

Albanie said...

Awesome tree!! I love cookies and cocoa. Such a good holiday combo!