Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sledding

While the whole family was here everyone wanted to go sledding (Heidi prayed we would have snow while she was here and she sure got her wish). So we all headed out to a great hill in the neighborhood next to us. The picture above is Sierra and I (yes my hat is falling in my eyes). It looks like we are having a cute picture but in reality we are hanging on to each other for dear life. It was so icy that no one was staying on their feet.

Gabe and Zach got on the sled ready to go down and posed for this picture. After this picture was taken they both hopped off because they were worried for their lives down the slippery slope.

This is Cheryl trying to make it up the hill. She spent a lot of time on her knees just trying to climb up. Great for the pregnant one.

Greg was being the hero for Sam and Tim as they wanted nothing to do with the icy hill.

Sierra and Gabe waiting their turn to plummet down and possibly hit the trees.

Just a picture of me and my hat from Sister Layman that loves us all so much to make us hats and pajama bottoms.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun and COLD! I still have a huge bruise on my leg from the ride where I almost hit the tree... I sure hit something!

Mrs. Nick Jonas said...

my arm still hurts!!!That was fun me and taylor and ashley almost hit a tree when jason let us go by our selves it was fun!!!!!!!!!
Love you savannah

Tonia said...

yipee! sounds like you guys really did whoop it up! Looks icy...reminds me of the movie christmas vacation when Clark Grizwald goes sledding on his greased up sled! HAHA

Unknown said...

looks like you all had a blast! We've only gotten ice here in OK...but while we were in UT the kids loved sledding! And they loved the hot chocolate when they came in! Wish we could have sledded together!!! (by the way: Ellie sledded right into a pole and ended up with 5 stitches...but she went out the very next day for more)!

Walker said...

I love the last picture with you and your red hat, you are so adorable. You are such an awesome friend!

Albanie said...

Love the hat! Not excited about coming back to snow, but glad you guys are having fun with it. Cute pics!